Tuesday, January 19, 2010

christmas crafts

The boys helped me make these bookmarks for family and friends this Christmas. I let them draw pictures onto the fabric using a washable pen and then embroidered over the top. The pictures are of Aunty Katie snowboarding, #2 collecting eggs and some fish for DaddyB who loves catching them. The goth girl is from a tee shirt of mine that I shrunk years ago but never could part with it. I ironed some interfacing (is that what it's called?) onto the back and then cut her out. I was tempted to keep her for myself. I have another two cute kids from the same tee so I'll have to make another one. The bookmark idea is from Handmade Home.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Another thing on my list I would like to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Meg!

    I love this idea. My sister gave me both of Soulemama's books for gifts and I just love them. I must get them out again for ideas like this one!!

    Loved talking with you at Simoney's! Hope the New Year has been a great one for you to date!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm making something out of my very first Misery tee too! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx