Tuesday, March 30, 2010

hearing trouble

This was the double chocolate muffin that my school boy chose for his morning tea after his hearing tests this morning.  He had the morning off and it was quite nice.  I think he's only had one day off in his three terms at school!

So off we went to the audiology department, he was quite excited really.  However having failed two tests at kindy and school I'm not sure that the excitement was warranted.  I think some of it was due to the cafe morning tea that had been promised for afterwards.

I wish I could say that it went well and he sailed through it.  Sadly though it appears he has some hearing loss in his right ear.  It looks likely to be permanent.  Stink.  At least at the moment it's not affecting his schooling and he's doing well.  It just means that we have to keep going back for regular checks and make sure that he's not having any trouble in the classroom.  It could be so much worse.  Let's hope it doesn't increase over time.  Fingers crossed.

2 comments:

  1. Grandpa7:21 AM

    It's good that they have picked this up now and we can all be aware - the muffin looks pretty tasty !
    L & C Grandpa xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog. Love it. And love your picture layout! Anyway, just wanted to let you know that i have 90% hearing loss in my left ear and unless I tell people, they have no idea. I love to sing and (so i'm told) I'm pretty good, so clearly this hearing loss hasn't affected me too much. Your boy will be just fine. I have total faith in that! x

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx