Sunday, May 16, 2010

people we love


Family is everything.  That's the new Parents Inc. motto and it's something I agree with.  My sister in law Sam had her second baby last week, my first nephew!  How lovely.  I can't wait to meet him.  Sadly they're in Christchurch and we're way up here in Auckland.









The only downside to living in Auckland, for us, is that every member of our immediate families and many of our cousins, Aunts and Uncles, live in the chilly garden city.  The photo of #1 and his cousin Maddy above was one of only 3 or 4 times that they've met.  I can't believe she's almost two now (and a big sister!).

We miss you guys so much all the time.  The boys got cards from Nana on Friday and #1 got a bit misty eyed, "I really miss Nana" he said.  It makes me a wee bit teary too and I know that Nana feels the same.  Please would you all think about moving here? Go on. It's much warmer (and only a teeny bit wetter) I promise.  x

5 comments:

  1. I know your pain well, as all my family live in England. My husband and I cane to NZ in 1997, when a work opportunity brought him here. Little did we realise that we'd still be here 13 years on with 3 children! I miss my family so very much, but since having children here I feel so settled and they have such a happy life that it would be challenging to pack up and move back to the UK. I just remind myself to treasure the precious times when we are together and be grateful for living in a an age of wonderous technology! All the best to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Auntie Anna4:48 PM

    Well if i didn't get a job in Chch i would have looked in Auckland!!! Just so we could hang out more xoxox Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa5:43 PM

    BIG hugs Megan, we are truly blessed with our families and the love we all share - I will give your new nephew a cuddle from you very soon
    L & C Grandpa xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY relate to this... sob.
    Thank heavens for blogs, email, texting and skype x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this photo of the boys and our parents xxx

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx