Sunday, May 15, 2011

guess what we made today?

Yes our very own home made pasta!  I found this pasta machine for $15 at Kmart last week and thought it'd be fun to give it a go.  I have made pasta totally by hand before but it took so long!  That was before we got our kitchen-aid mixer so I made the dough and rolled it out by hand too.  Only the one time.  I have more pictures from today but blogging isn't high on my priority list at the moment so this will have to do.  Anyway B and R made the pasta (I just took the photos) and it was delicious.

Today was also our first "switch off Sunday" which meant no tv or computers on during the day.  I think it went very well.  We rode bikes, visited the zoo, played Cluedo, CandyLand, Magnetix,  BusStop, read books, napped, baked bread, chocolate chippies and made pasta!

7 comments:

  1. Switch off Sunday is a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! Really want to try doing this oneday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandpa12:38 PM

    The pasta machine looks like a good family activity and "switch off Sunday" gets my vote.
    See you soon
    L & C Grandpa xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... I love the idea of a "switch off Sunday". It fits with my upcoming challenge of going screenfree for a week (starting tomorrow). Here's what inspired me to take on this challenge:

    http://thedeliberatemom.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-long-could-you-go-without-screen.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What 15 dollars!! Bargain!
    Switch off Sunday..love it! Have had this on my mind or a while - we are tv addicts here but am not liking the way my kids are becoming moody over tv. Time to flick the switch me thinks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh making pasta looks like it would be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx