Wednesday, August 8, 2012

bloggy spam


So after six years of blogging I've started to get blog comment spam in my inbox.
Here is today's one:

[growing up] New comment on waaaaa.

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "waaaaa": 

It's a pity you don't havе a donate button!
I'd most certainly donate to this excellent blog! I suppose for now i'll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed tο my Gοοgle аccount.  I look forward to new uρdates and will share this websіte with my Facebоok group.
Talk ѕoon!
Here is my site
(always a different link at the end)

It is very annoying, especially as I think "oh yay a comment" and then it is spam.  Grrrrr.

It doesn't appear that the comments actually come up on the blog at all, just end up in my inbox.  Has this happened to you and what do I do about it?  As it's not even appearing on the blog would the word verification thing help at all?  I know lots of you clever blogging mummies will know what to do.

Thanks
x

7 comments:

  1. Can't help sorry, however, I have been getting an anoymonous blogger comment on my blog posts, and from the comments it is someone who obviously knows me. This is annoying, I feel like saying "show your name"
    and yes I know how you feel "oh yeah a comment"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I've been getting lots of that lately too, and they're all just heading to the SPAM folder. Its seems its some sort of smartarse auto generated comment that picks up a few keywords from your post or blog and then adds in a link. Its terrifically annoying but I don't know what I can do about it. The only good thing is it doesn't appear on the blog itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger is pretty good at figuring out these are [SPAM] so they don't display on your blog but get filed into your SPAM folder in your comments. It's just a matter of deleting them from your inbox or ignoring them. Word verification doesn't help - it just annoys your real readers and makes it harder for them to comment.
    They ARE automatically generated.
    But if you want to get rid of them completely I've noticed that since I've installed intense Debate comment system I don't get ANY SPAM comments anymore, whereas before i was getting at least 6 a day.
    Intense debate is really easy to install, if you want to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been getting them lots too grr! So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also haven't had any spam since installing intense debate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry can't help you Meg but just wanted to say that I love the old family photo...gorgeous :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah - I used to wonder why I got them in my email but not on my blog! They are filed away under spam like Simoney said.

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx