Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ravioli

I picked this up from the op shop recently, brand new, for $10.

They sell for $55 in the shops (crazy!) so it was a pretty good deal.

We made chicken and spinach ravioli, dairy free of course.


My assistant loved making it.  Me... not so much.

We topped it with yummy vegan parmesan (blend together 1/4C toasted sesame seeds, 1/4tsp salt and 1/4C nutritional yeast).  The ravioli was delicious but really not worth all the hours required to make it.  I wish I could buy dairy free ravioli in the supermarket but every variety contains cheese of some sort.

4 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I wouldn't mind a find like that in an op shop too, but I can appreciate much work goes into making it look and taste so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunty Anna11:11 AM

    Looks amazing M!! If you ever see another one let me know!! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures alone are worth all the hours it took! Mmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh in the op shop? What a find! I am a pasta maker, its probably much quicker to do it the old fashioned way. Roll it, pop stuff on, another sheet on top then cut with a little wheel thingo. I like to make them bigger too, less fluffing about.

    Mmm yum!

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx