Wednesday, August 1, 2012

RIP Margaret Mahy

Margaret Mahy was an awesome author and a great teller of stories.
We were sad to hear that she died last week.

I remember being read "The Lion In the Meadow" many times as a girl.
In turn I have read it many times to our boys.

I grew up hearing her tell stories on many occasions at school and the library.  I was excited to take the boys to meet her at the storylines festival three years ago.  We sat and listened to her wonderful poetry (Bubble Trouble and Down the back of the chair) and stories before lining up to get two of our books signed.


Those books will remain some of our favourites for years to come.  I imagine they'll be the ones that are held onto for the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

so lovely to hear from you xx