Sunday, March 23, 2014

sunday rainbow dinner

Inspired by the need to get a photo of my parents (who are here this weekend) in costume (for our photo wall), I decided that a little theme dinner was in order.  I strung up the bunting and got out everything colourful that I could find.
Yesterday at the local church garage sale I found the perfect unicorn table cloth and napkins for 50c.

 Magic drink... a couple of drops of food colouring in the bottom and lemonade changes colour!

 Minifigure place "names".

 Yes it does look a little like a small girl's party but we had a lot of fun.


I took some photos in the backyard before dinner...
This one is going on the wall.



10 comments:

  1. Love it Meg! We were just discussing themed dinner earlier tonight - this certainly inspires!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing it but often lack motivation... I think movie themed dinners would be fun too.

      Delete
  2. OH WOW!!!! Love it to BITS!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! You are so cuuuute it makes me a bit teary :) That kissy one has to go on the wall too. That's just delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't fit them all!! Just the four shot for now.

      Delete
  4. LOVE this so cheerful colourful and happy
    A little bit of a theme changes a meal from ordinary to extra ordinary
    Thanks for inspiring always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :o) I like to do themed dinners but don't really plan ahead very often. Thinking Star Wars for May the 4th though.

      Delete
  5. I love this so much that I've just created a new Pinterest board to pin it to :) I'm calling it 'Memory-Making Meal Extravaganzas'.

    Thanks for the inspiration, and well done on making the effort.
    Thalia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice idea. Maybe we'll have a Star Wars themed dinner for May the 4th.

      Delete

so lovely to hear from you xx