Saturday, September 27, 2014

getting back to blogging... maybe

Totally unrelated photos today. Wee bowls we made from air dry clay using this tutorial.
On Wednesday I did a wee photo shoot for a lovely New Plymouth family and they mentioned that their daughter's teacher back home reads my blog!  So hi teacher!  It still seems strange to me that people read this, especially since I'm really not doing it much these days apart from the weekly photos.

I'm loving my special bread rising basket
I realised that I still haven't blogged the last day of our Gold Coast holiday (from November) or the final day of Splore.  There are many fun times that I've photographed and not bothered to share.  I realise that if I don't blog them then those pictures will just stay on my hard drive and that's kind of boring.

It makes lovely shaped bread as long as I don't over prove it
So maybe there will be some random (old) stuff blogged here.  M says I should just do blogging all day every day.  Really that's not going to happen.  Maybe I should just get more into instagram or something? Argh I don't know.  Any suggestions are welcome.  What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you pop back up again on my reader. Instagram is a great way to share images and the feedback (and gratification) is instant but I find it is always nice to sit and read a blog where there is more space to write and share things. I get a better sense of who a person is through the details they share on this type of platform than on any other form of social media.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that my family appreciate the blogging more than they'd like instagram. And really they're my target audience. I've recently embraced Viber for sending them instant photos too which I'm loving.

      Delete
  2. I hear ya on the blogging front - this year I have been AWOL from my blog. I still love checking by your blog for updates. Also love your bread rising basket - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbs, I got my bread proofing basket on trademe from a super experienced and very helpful man named Neville Chun (nchun). Not sure if you listen to national radio but there was a great series earlier this year about making sour dough and Neville was the baker involved. Here's a link to his trademe thing...
      http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/kitchen/pots-pans-bakeware/other/auction-786208776.htm

      Delete
  3. That bread looks delish! Have always enjoyed reading your blog and love the ideas and adventures - inspires me :)

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx