Saturday, June 13, 2015

the family job

Most of the last month has been spent packing, bagging, knotting and delivering over 4000 phone books. Bloody hard work which has consumed our home and our weekends.  It has been a good lesson in hard work for the boys but thank goodness we're done!  We don't even get a phone book ourselves (you can opt out here). I think they're a big waste of resources for most internet savvy people.  Daddy B thinks we might do it all again next year... I'm not so sure, perhaps I'll just get more work someplace else.

9 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! In high school I helped pack and deliver phone books as a fundraiser. My goodness, what a job it is! That was back in the time when they were much thicker than they are now. I couldn't imagine doing it ever again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm not keen either!

      Delete
  2. Having done similar similar things I feel you on this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh me oh my that is a lot - I certainly hope the pay was worth it !
    And YES to opting out !! !!
    I do, however, agree it is good for our children !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I figured it out as an hourly rate I was quite horrified, but we did make a nice wee amount towards our Disneyland dream holiday!

      Delete
  4. Grandpa7:32 PM

    Well done - it's all about the discipline of working for what you want. Another good lesson for the boys and a good family dream to work towards. I'm sure Mickey & Donald will be pleased to see you.
    L & C Grandpa xxooxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aimee G9:54 PM

    Our school does a phonebook delivery fundraiser every year. The kids are always first to sign up, for some reason they LOVE delivering phonebooks in the neighbourhood. Last year a man came out of his house with a can of fizzy for each of us and told the kids what a great job they were doing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun at first but as the weeks dragged on I got so tired of the piles of books everywhere!

      Delete
  6. SUCH a massive job - well done team!

    ReplyDelete

so lovely to hear from you xx